Friday, January 25, 2008

Psychic Reader and Healer, Sindi Somers Journeys from Seattle to San Diego

I arrived in San Diego County in May of 2007 with my mini menagerie and plenty of uncertainty of what life would be like for me here. Although I was born in San Diego, I had been living on the western side of Washington State for the past 30 years and loved it. Accustomed to the cooler climate, lush greenery and frequent rains, the heatwave that greeted me upon my arrival, was not welcomed by me or my pets.

My inner complaining was much louder than the grumpiness of my words. "It's so hot!", I frequently whined as I drove around looking at what seemed to be barren desert compared to what I was used to. I was sure this new environment would not work for me and that I would never grow to like the heat, sun and lack of rain. What was I doing here? I so often thought with agitation. I didn't like it and was convinced I never would.

So here I am, nearly nine months later revelling at the beauty that is, San Diego. I looked out the window the other day and actually had the thought, "I like the sun." And I meant it. I have thoroughly enjoyed the recent downpours we have had. When it is raining, I do feel like I am back home in Seattle and have an inner calm and a smile on my face. However, I now rarely complain about the sun and if asked if I would want to move back to the rainy Evergreen state, I would honestly have to say no, at least not right now. I may end up back there when I am ready to enjoy that lifestyle again, but for now I am here and have somehow turned from being a Pacific Northwest snob into a southern California sunshine enthusiast. Of course, I was born as that, so perhaps I have returned to my organic, natural state of being. I have, some might say, come home.

Since I have been here my life has been busy and full of growth and a myriad of personal and professional lessons that have matured and enlightened me in ways that I didn't expect. I have met interesting people and have gained some wonderful new friends whom I truly enjoy. These experiences never would have taken place if I had not ventured down I-5 in search of nothing, but a journey that kept being shown to me. Although I resisted it at times, it was so clear I was to move here that it got to the point that it seemed as if I had no other option. Relocating to San Diego and creating a new life here was definitely meant to be. I had no idea of the totality of why at that time. All I knew is that I had three weeks to sell what belongings I could, transport the rest into a storage unit and pack up my beloved animals and other necessitities that I could stuff in my little car and head for the state line.

The road trip was certainly an adventure and loud kudos have to go out to my furry friends for being such cooperative troopers. They resembled seasoned world travellers as they adjusted to different hotel rooms, sights, smells and sounds. I was proud of them and I have to say, proud of myself for making what could have been a difficult trip an easy, enjoyable ride to our new residence.

This, of course has been a life changing experience. I have been blessed with many of them. One crucial and important event to mention is the day I found the CDM Psychic Institute. It was 1984. I was living in Bellingham, Washington, attending community college. I had returned to Bellingham after dropping out of Washington State University following one long, depressing, class skipping and party filled semester.

Seven or eight months or so after being back in Bellingham I was introduced to CDM. Someone I knew had received a psychic reading there and was very excited about it. At the time I had expressed an interest in past lives and she thought I might be interested in CDM's readings because they discuss people's past lives. I non-chalantly agreed to a visit and went the following Sunday. I didn't receive a reading that day, but did receive an aura healing, which I found intriguing. After my healing I talked to the CDM meditation teacher and signed up for the next available meditation class.

CDM's Meditation I class completely changed my life. In retrospect I would have to say, it gave me hope. It showed me that my life could be different. Instead of being depressed, I could be happy. Instead of lacking energy, I could experience enthusiasm. Instead of being shy and insecure, I found I had the ability to be confident and express my own thoughts. To this day I use the techniques I learned in that class. Without them and the other experiences I had at CDM, I know for a fact I would not be where I am today. I have more energy at 41 than I had at 18 because I learned how to let go of energies that fatigue me and weigh me down. I have learned how to access my unique power and creativity and share it with the world. For more information you can visit CDM's website at http://c-d-m.org.


I continued taking classes at CDM, including their Healing classes and Clairvoyant Program and eventually their Teacher Training Program. As a result of this work I am an ordained minister, experienced meditator and spiritual healer and a certified meditation and healing teacher. I have given healings and readings, performed weddings and have had the joy of teaching others the same life changing techniques that had empowered me. Eager to share this information and assist others in southern California that are interested in personal growth and I began searching for an office space to set up my spiritually focused business.

Excitement is the closest word that I can use to express how I feel about finding an office that feels like home to me here in San Diego. I am enthusiastically anticipating joining with other like minded souls in the loveliest of locations in Ocean Beach. February 1, 2008 will mark the opening of my doors. There are many reasons that I am here at this time. One of the main reasons is to provide spiritual services to the San Diego community. If interested in finding out more about me and my practice, feel free to call me at 619-384-0761 or email me at
sindisomers@gmail.com.

2008 looks like an exciting year full of interesting happenings. I look forward to meeting you and assisting you on your life's journey.


Thank you for reading this entry. I hope you visit my blog again and join me as my days here in San Diego as a psychic reader, spiritual healer and ocean loving resident unfold.




No comments: